In the makeup world, it seems everywhere we look we see Kim K’s inspired smokey eye!
I have to admit I’m a huge fan of it myself! This particular look has been a huge trend and I feel it’s here to stay for a while! It’s a super sexy dramatic look which is perfect for a night out or a special occasion.
Here, I’ve created a simple, smokey eye that is fool proof even for beginners! The one thing you need to keep in mind when doing a smokey eye is “blending is key.” With this look, you need very few colours which makes it even simpler to create.
Follow these steps to achieve this look:
- Start with a colourless or nude primer that will go all over your lid from your lashes to under your brow.
- You will then warm up your crease with a brown or peachy colour as I used here in the photos. This will be your “transition shade” you need this to break up the harshness of the black, it really softens the look.
- Once your crease colour is blended out you will then apply a beige, off-white or skin-toned colour just under your browbone and blend it seamlessly into your crease colour.
- You will now take a black cream coloured shadow or base (I used Blackground Paintpot from MAC) this will be applied only to your eyelid, you want to apply enough so the colour is opaque.
- You will then blend out the edges of the black base toward your crease
- To smooth out the black base, you will now take a black eyeshadow and pack that onto your lid, right on top of the black cream coloured base so it makes it easier to blend it into your crease colour.
- Go back in with your crease colour to blend out and soften the edges of the black. Use a clean blending brush to blend out any harsh edges.
- Take the black eyeshadow down onto your lower lashline to create that super smokey effect, add some of your transition shade to smooth and blend it out.
- Pop on a pair of false lashes on and there you have it, a super simple dramatic smokey eye, perfect for the holidays! Try it out!